When the Lake Shore Athletic Office receives information regarding an individual who is interested in becoming an non-paid coach for Lake Shore we follow the below protocol:
· Notify the Varsity coach within that program of the person interested.
· Varsity Coach investigates coaching experience and background of individual.
· Varsity Coach recommends the individual to the Athletic Office for the un-paid position.
· Athletic Office verifies individual’s credentials. (Fingerprinting, first aid, CPR/AED, Child Abuse Course, SAVE workshop, Temporary Coaching license, and NYS coaching classes)
· Athletic Director recommends the individual to a one-year appointment with-in that program to the Lake Shore Superintendent.
· Lake Shore Superintendent Recommends individual to the board of education.
· Un-paid coach is monitored and evaluated by varsity Coach and Athletic Director.
In order to provide quality coaches for secondary school athletes, Lake Shore Central Schools and New York State has established standards required of all coaches, up-paid and paid.
Non-certified teacher, must complete the following to coach in New York State:
Teacher Coaches (excluding Physical Education) must complete the following to coach in New York State: